Leadership Education Department
The WSU Leadership Education Department strives to give passionate professional leaders the skills they need to serve organizations and institutions. Our students learn how to build community, improve organizational outcomes, and expand what they know about their profession.
We help future leaders make significant changes in organizations like Pre-K-12 schools, athletic departments, non-profits, higher education, healthcare, and government agencies.
- Valuing teaching and learning as shared responsibilities between faculty and students
- Enhancing student learning through innovative instructional methods
- Encouraging students to become life-long learners
- Valuing students and being committed to student-centered learning
- Preparing leaders who value cultural awareness, equity, integrity, and transparency
- Flexible course schedules
- 15-month, 2 –year, and 3-year master’s program completion plans
- Faculty available on Winona and Rochester campuses
- Asynchronous and synchronous online courses
- Real-world learning experiences
- Assignments tailored to your profession
- Student networking opportunities
- Affordable tuition
Careers & Alumni
“The program offered synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities, which I found incredibly helpful in fitting in coursework around work duties.
The coursework has helped immensely with becoming a more proactive resource for my department and institution.”
“This program was amazing. It was phenomenal and life-changing for me.
I’m a mom of two children working both a full-time and part-time job.
I never thought I’d be able to squeeze another thing into my schedule, let alone have the time to get my master’s, but the coursework is something you can apply to your daily life—it’s not just busy work.”
“Quite honestly, the program forced me to think differently—not only at work, but also in all aspects of my life.
Since completing the program, I continually find myself referencing what I learned and approaching problems and opportunities in my life more confidently and in a fundamentally different way.”