Internship Coordinator Resources
Internship Coordinators, please use the following drop-down menu to locate supportive materials and links. Information for students seeking internships can be found on the Internships page.
Career Services welcomes new resources suggested by faculty and staff. If you wish to share a resource, please email email@example.com.
Please use the Educational Experience: Internships and Work-based Learning – A Handbook for Practitioners and Administrators from the MN State System Office as a primary resource.
Below are a selection of professional associations related to experiential education:Association for Experiential Education
Cooperative Education and Internship Association
Minnesota Association for Experiential Learning
National Society for Experiential Education
National Association of Colleges and Employers
Articles, Trends & Best Practices
The following is a collection of articles and best practices submitted by Career Services and WSU internship coordinators.
- Employment Law Issues for Internships (PDF)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (PDF)
- MAFEL Best Practices
- NACE Position Statement on U.S. Internships
- Why Paid Internship Matter - Huffington Post
- Internships & Co-ops 2012 - Collegiate Employment Research Institute (CERI)
- Employers' Thoughts on International Students for Internships and Full-time Positions (CERI)
- A Comparison of Credit and Non-Credit Internships in their Expectations and the Utilization of Campus Resources (CERI) (PDF)
- WSU Instruction and Credit Equivalencies Chart (PDF)
- Risk Management for Community Engagement (PDF)
- Clinical Agreement Insurance Requirements (Minnesota State) (PDF)
The following is a collection of internship sample documents from Minnesota State and WSU internship coordinators. These resources are samples to aid you in the creation of your own documents.
Greater Minnesota Internship Tax Credit Program
The Greater Minnesota Internship Tax Credit Program provides a tax credit to eligible employers who employ eligible student interns at locations in greater Minnesota. To learn more, please visit the Minnesota Office of Higher Education website.