Housing Accommodations

WSU provides equal and accessible housing opportunities for all students. If you have a disability or medical need, we have resources to ensure you the same housing experience as other students. 

In compliance with Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, students with documented disabilities may request housing accommodations. 

How to Apply for Housing Accommodations

You can apply for on-campus housing accommodations based on medical need. 

Please submit a written description of your needs to the Housing & Residence Life Office. These requests will be evaluated within the context of current housing policies, student’s needs, and available facilities.

Access Services is another great resource for students who may need additional support.

Service Animals & Emotional Support Animals

According to the Americans with Disabilities Act, service animals are any dog (or other animal as defined under the ADA) that have been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. These animals are permitted in the residence halls. However, all housing documentation must be submitted per the approval process.

Emotional support animals (ESA) are companion animals that provide therapeutic benefit, such as alleviating or mitigating some symptoms of a disability, to a person with a mental or psychiatric disability. These animals are only permitted in residence halls if approved by Access Services and all housing documentation is completed per the approval process.

If a visitor has an ESA, they are not permitted to bring their ESA into the residence halls.

No other animals are permitted in on-campus housing. The only exception to this rule is fish kept in an aquarium (max 10 gallon tank). 

Animal Approval Process

Whether service animals or ESAs, all animals that live in University-owned or leased property are required to be approved.

The approval process to bring a service animal or an ESA into the residence halls can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks. You may not bring your animal to campus unless the approval process is complete. 

Contact Us
Housing & Residence Life Office


Email Housing & Residence Life
Office Hours

Kryzsko Commons 230

Academic Year

Monday – Friday: 8am – 4:30pm

Summer Hours

Monday – Friday: 7:30am – 4pm

Access Services


Email Access Services
Office Hours

Maxwell 314

Academic Year

8am – 4:30pm


7:30am – 4pm