Project Management Office
The Project Management Office (PMO) supports WSU Information Technology Services in achieving the Technology Master Plan objectives.
Although the PMO falls within IT, we serve all members of the WSU community to ensure projects are successful when they require IT support.
Request Project Services
Do you have a project that includes a technology element or depends on software?
Submit a project request to connect with a project manager.
What the Project Management Office Does
The PMO essentially centralizes, coordinates and oversees the management of projects, programs and portfolios. The PMO has three roles with the following objectives.
Project managers provide:
- monitoring and guidance for projects managed by other PMs to ensure they are meeting critical milestones
- mentoring to new and current project managers
- best practices
- access to information and lessons learned from other projects
The PMO provides support and require compliance through:
- adopting project management frameworks or methodologies
- using specific templates, forms and tools
- conformance to governance, policies and procedures
Project managers also directly manage projects.