Apply for an F-1 Visa
Applying for an F-1 Visa can be a long, confusing process. Be sure to start your application for an F-1 visa well before you plan to arrive at WSU.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review Requirements & Pre-Arrival Process
Find your country's U.S. embassy or consulate to review requirements.
Then, review the interview wait time for the location where you will apply.
You should also review steps 1-3 in the Student Process Steps for Navigating the U.S Immigration System.
This covers questions like:
- How do I start?
- How do I pay my I-901 SEVIS fee?
- How do I get a visa to enter the United States?
Pay I-901 SEVIS fee
The SEVIS I-901 fee is required for all students applying for an F 1 visa, as well as J exchange visitors.
Paying your SEVIS I-901 fee is very important. Without paying this fee, you will not be eligible to apply for a visa.
Below are the steps to help you pay the SEVIS I-901 fee.
- Visit the I-901 Fee website and select the option to "Pay I-901 Fee"
- Enter your information: SEVIS ID, last name, given name, date of birth and choose "Submit"
- Follow the remaining instructions. Keep in mind that WSU school code #SPM214F00304000
- Submit payment
- Print the payment confirmation
Steps for Transfer Students
This will start the process to transfer your SEVIS record to Winona State University.