Lost or Stolen Immigration Documents

If you lose any of your immigration documents, take action to replace them immediately.

Replace Your Passport

Please contact your Consulate in the U.S. and file a report with the Winona Police Department. Please note that the visa stamp cannot be replaced.

Keep in mind that your visa is your key into the country, so you are maintaining your visa status as long as you stay in the U.S. and have a valid I-20.

If you need to leave the U.S., you will need to apply for a new visa to re-enter. 

Replace Your I-94 Card

Most students now access their I-94 record electronically because this record is updated online when a visa holder arrives by air or sea. 

However, if you arrive via a land border port of entry (by car, train etc.), you may still receive a card version of the I-94. 

If you are planning to leave the United States within 30-45 days, you do not need a replacement I-94 card. The replacement process cannot be completed in less than 45 days. 

The replacement process takes 4 to 6 months to complete. To replace an I-94 card, use these instructions. 

  1. Complete an I-102 form
  2. Include a $445 check or money order payable to “Department of Homeland Security” (no abbreviations) 
  3. Provide a copy of previous I-94 card, both sides (if available) 
  4. Mail all items to: 
    United States Citizenship and Immigration Services 
    PO Box 21281 
    Phoenix, AZ 85036

Replace Your EAD Card (F1 OPT)

It may take up to 3 months to receive a new EAD card. 

Complete the I-765 form requesting “replacement of EAD”: 

  • Include a $410 check or money order payable to “Department of Homeland Security” 
  • Include a copy of I-20 signed by ISSS in the last 30 days. Contact ISSS for a new signature. 
  • Provide copies of passport (biographical pages and expiration date) and visa. 
  • Provide copy of I-94 record. Copy of front and back if you have a card or find your most recent I-94 online
  •  Include two passport photographs as per USCIS instructions 
  • Provide copies of any previously issued EAD cards 

Mail all application materials (a check list is included with the application package) to USCIS:  

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
PO Box 21281
Phoenix, AZ 85036 

Replace Your I-20

Meet with an ISSS advisor to have a new I-20 prepared. 

Contact International Student & Scholar Services
International Student & Scholar Services Office

Maxwell 130
175 West Mark Street
Winona, MN 55987

Phone: 1.507.457.5303
Fax: 1.507.457.2474

Email ISSS
ISSS on Social Media

WeChat: @WSU International

WhatsApp: 1.507.312.3984

ISSS Facebook

ISSS YouTube

ISSS Instagram