New Media Communication in China
This summer, join us for a unique and valuable opportunity to explore new media technology and marketing communication in China from June 14 - June 30, 2018. The trip combines classroom lectures and interactive activities, workshops from Chinese experts and practitioners, tours of companies (including the headquarters of international corporations and successful PR/Ad agencies in Beijing, Shanghai and Hangzhou) and cultural experiences in the three cities. Students in all majors are welcome!
This Travel Study to China counts as six credits. Credits will count as core or general electives in Mass Communication Majors or Minors, Marketing majors and minors and credits toward graduation. Pre-trip meetings will be held before the summer.
Some of the Travel Study highlights include:
- Fulfill a group-based Integrated Marketing Communication plan for a U.S. company with Chinese consumers as the targeted audiences.
- Participate in guest speaker talks and workshops to get a deep understanding of the new media communication in China.
- Join forces with Chinese university students to tackle real-life scenarios.
- Chinese Academic University of Social Sciences (a well-known national university in the capital city)
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (#5 Best Global Universities in China)
- Tour successful companies and agencies and have conversations with the practitioners.
- Targeted companies Include Ogilvy, Coca-Cola, IBM, BMW, Alibaba, etc.
- Enjoy cultural experiences in Beijing, Shanghai, and Hangzhou, including:
- Beijing: the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Olympic Park, the Hutong tour
- Shanghai: Yuyuan Garden, the Oriental Pearl Tower, the Bund
- Hangzhou: the West Lake, Longing Tea Village, silk marketplace
Destination: Beijing, Shanghai, and Hangzhou
Travel Dates: June 14 - June 30, 2018
Academic Credits: Six credits
- MCOM 356: Media and Society International
- MCOM 450: Global Media
Limited to 20 students. Apply now!
Financial aid may be available to eligible students.
- For Financial Aid questions, contact Kathy Jicinsky at firstname.lastname@example.org, International Programs in Maxwell Hall.
- For detailed information about funding opportunities and scholarship, visit the International Programs Scholarships website.